What is Bootstrap?
- It is absolutely free to download and use.
- It is a front-end framework used for easier and faster web development.
- It includes HTML and CSS based design templates for typography, forms, buttons, tables, navigation, modals, image carousels and many others.
- It facilitates you to create responsive designs.
History of Boostrap
Bootstrap was developed by Mark Otto and Jacob Thornton at Twitter. It was released as an open source product in August 2011 on GitHub.
Why Use Bootstrap?
- Mobile first approach :- Bootstrap 3, framework consists of Mobile first styles throughout the entire library instead them of in separate files.
- Browser Support :- It is supported by all popular browsers.
- Easy to use :- Anybody with just basic knowledge of HTML and CSS can start using Bootstrap
- Responsive features :- Bootstrap's responsive CSS adjusts to phones, tablets, and desktops
What Bootstrap Package Includes?
- Scaffolding :- Bootstrap provides a basic structure with Grid System, link styles, and background.
- CSS :- Bootstrap comes with the feature of global CSS settings, fundamental HTML elements style and an advanced grid system.
- Components :- Bootstrap contains a lot of reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, navigation, alerts, pop-overs, and much more.
- Customize :- Bootstrap components are customizable and you can customize Bootstrap's components, LESS variables, and jQuery plugins to get your own style.